Welcome to Melts in Your Mouth but Not in Your Hands Blog Hop for not one but two beautiful ladies who are beautiful inside and out but have the love and joy of crafting. We are celebrating their birthday with a wonderful candy that is not only beautiful inside but outside and both sides are delicious!!!! What a better treat than to use M&M's for birthday wishes!!!! And, they are both turning 50, but shhhh don't spread the rumor as who would ever believe you after looking at their picture!
We have a super wonderful group of crafters to help wish not only Kimberly Pate but Rachelle Larsen a super very happy Birthday. Our hop begins with Kimberly Pate a http://scrappingrookie.blogspot.com in case you just happened to stop at my blog to visit me. Don't get me wrong, but since there is such a delicious hop, I wouldn't want you to miss a single stop along the way!!!!! If you have arrived from http://www.love2createitall.com then you are following the empty bags of M&M's.
I wanted to make cards for each that somehow included an M&M, but I find animated characters particularly tough, especially to work into a card for me. I used an M & M .svg to cut out the flesh colored M & M bodies. I used the same images for each card, just flipped them. I completed a card for Ms. Brown and Ms. Green. I wanted to do something a little different, so I depicted them relaxing in a bath prior to getting their party dresses on for their birthdays. Each outfit was cut using a glitter/metallic paper, as were the boots and gloves. The boots, gloves, hanger, and mirror are from Forever Young, the bathtub is from Splish Splash. I fashioned the shower caps out of.well, a shower cap. The bubbles are glitter blue paper and vellum in various size circles. Inside, there is a pouch that declares to “Party your Shell Off!” and it holds a little gift for each of them. I wish I could claim credit for these, but I’ve never tried a tear bear. These are credit of Kira at mytearbears.blogspot.com. I wanted to include one for Rachelle and Kimberly to use, make a magnet of, etc., so I chose to just tuck him in the pouch. The front pieces are attached on the card base over printed M & M photo with tracing paper over the top. The top of the card is finished with a bow coordinating with the M & M color. I hope the birthday girls’ day is filled with melt in your mouth joy!
Your next stop along the way is http://edwinascreations.blogspot.com/. I have included the complete line-up just in case you would happen to get lost along the way or at too many M&M's.
1. Kimberly ~ http://scrappingrookie.blogspot.com
2. Rachelle ~http://creationsbyrachelle.blogspot.com/
3. Lynne ~ http://slasewcraftiness.blogspot.com/
5. Miriam ~ http://www.miriamscreations.blogspot.com
7. Angie ~ http://atuttletime.blogspot.com
8. Belinda ~ http://theembellishedcard.blogspot.com
9. Janet ~ http://ladyluvbug.blogspot.com/
10. Lucy ~ http://www.love2createitall.com
11. Lisa~ http://mycraftyspaces.blogspot.com.
12. Edwina~ http://edwinascreations.blogspot.com/
13. Rhonda ~ http://craftingwithblue.blogspot.com/
There is a wonderful group of sponsors to help us with the celebration but as with everything else, there are rules and regulations which will be noted with each sponsor.
- · After a long afternoon of crafting, deadline rushes for orders and posts, what would be better than a prize package from SimplySilverton-a soap and paperworks company? This prize pack will include 2-4oz. handmade luxury soap and and a pound of bath salt soak. To be eligible, please show your blog love to our participants by leaving comments and following their blogs, and also visiting and liking their page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/SimplySilverton-a-soap-and-paperworks-company-llc/218576901486847.
- · Lucy Kelleher - Independent Consultant for Close to My Heart is donating a $10 Gift Certificate which you can use towards any Close to My Heart products in celebration of Kimberly and Rachelle's birthdays! ( http://lucyk.ctmh.com). To enter to win, you will need to leave a comment on her blog (http://love2createitall.com) and become a follower of her blog. For an additional entry, "Like" her Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/LucyK.CTMH.
- · The amazingly talented Daisy Collins of “I Love Sketches by Tsunami Rose” has donated a $15 gift certificate to her store (http://www.zibbet.com/tsunamirose) and a copy of “I Love Sketches By Tsunami Rose” sketches from the month of July! In addition to leaving blog love for all of our participants and following their blogs, please followhttp://tsunamirosedesigns.blogspot.com for updates and inspiration for Daisy’s sketches and visit and like her fan page athttps://www.facebook.com/groups/106370486155916/
- Lisa Peters of Scrapping with Lisa Designs, http://www.scrappingwithlisadesigns.com/, is offering a $20 Gift Certificate to her store for paper piecing or digital designs.
If you wish to send our 50th birthday gals a birthday card, their addresses are listed for you below! Again, thanks for visiting today and don't forget to wish our birthday ladies a super happy happy birthday!!!!!
PO Box 166
Peru, NE 68421
1099 N. Monarch Ave.
Post Falls, Idaho 83854